The S80 Association of Western Australia held its AGM on Tuesday 23 August 2016. The committee for 2016/17 season was announced. Refer to 'About Us and Contacts' menu
25/1/16 : Swan River Champs and Elizabeth Quay Opening
Boaters urged to plan ahead for the opening of Elizabeth Quay
(Dept. Of Transport Announcement)
Skippers visiting the Elizabeth Quay opening on 29 January are reminded there will be a number of restrictions and closures in place on the waters.
Department of Transport Director Waterways Safety Management Chris Mather said to ensure the safety of those visiting Elizabeth Quay, skippers needed to be aware and prepared for a number of closures and vessel requirements before they visit Elizabeth Quay.
“We want to make sure everyone on the water is properly prepared to make the opening of Elizabeth Quay a safe and fun event for everyone to enjoy.
“Mariners wanting to enjoy the opening festivities on the water are reminded to check they have the required safety equipment and navigational lights before leaving home,” Mr Mather said.
The temporary on water closures and vessel restrictions for the opening of Elizabeth Quay include:
- A total closure to all vessels will be in place inside the Elizabeth Quay waters until 11:00pm on 29 January, excluding approved event vessels.
- There will be a 20 metre exclusion zone in place surrounding a laser light pontoon located at the northern end of the quay, from the 29 January until 8:00am on 27 February, 2016.
- The bridge clearance height at the entrance to Elizabeth Quay is 4.5 metres, boats above this height cannot enter the quay.
- Transperth ferries will be operating normal scheduled passenger runs from inside the quay to South Perth from Sunday 31 January 2016.
- Mariners need to be mindful and courteous of other water users particularly in peak times when ferries are operating.
A number of Marine Officers and Water Police will be in attendance on the day of the opening to monitor the closures and assist the boating public.
Full details on designated/restricted areas can be found on the Notices to mariners section.