Referee Support System Roster
The Referee Support System has been implemented on a new level to help support our referee numbers and as a recruiting tool to attract more referees to our great game. Feedback from players in the past is that they would like a minimum of 2 referees per field. Due to the number of competitions that run during summer our referee ranks are stretched thin so your support with this system is vital.
The Roster is attached at the bottom of this article.
Details of the system are as follows (taken from the Summer 2013/14 Conditions of Entry Document)
Referee Support System
Challenges remain around the recruitment of new referees. As Team Captains, we know you and your teams expect a smooth running and quality competition and we endeavour to meet those needs. To that end we are now implementing a Referee Support System. Though this may seem daunting, there are key benefits for both your team as well as the overall competition. This is an exciting proposition which will be well supported by the existing referees and the Victorian Referees Panel.
How does it work?
There are a number of key aspects to ensure the success of this system both from the perspective of the teams and the management of the competition. These are as follows: Each registered team will be rostered on for 2 games where they will provide a Team Referee.
The following should be noted:
• The Referee Support system will commence in Round 4 and finish in Round 11.
• The team will nominate up to 2 people to referee 2 games during the season (Generally 1 game per allocated night prior to or following your teams match unless otherwise approved).
• Teams will receive two bonus points on the ladder for each time they provide a referee for their allocated slots. Maximum of 4 bonus points per season. Teams that fail to provide a referee to their allocated time without making alterative arrangements with be penalised two points.
• The games refereed will be grades C or lower (ie. not A or B grade games).
• Team Referees must sign in with the Grounds Controllor prior to refereeing so you can be allocated a suitable game.
• Teams Referees are welcome to referee in addition to their allocated times. Any additional games will be paid in accordance with the relevant TFV Referee Badge Payment Rates.
• Teams are unable to use non-playing referees as their Team Referee - they must come from within the playing ranks of your team.
• Each Team Referee will be placed with an experienced referee to provide support and mentoring and lessen the impact.
• Team referees will not be pressured into tasks they are not comfortable in doing. This might mean keeping score or remaining on the sideline for the game assisting a senior referee if that is all the person is comfortable in doing.
• Team referees have the same decision making powers as appointed referees.
• Touch Football Victoria will supply the Team Referees with a Green shirt and whistle (if you do not have one) which must be returned to the Grounds Controller after your nominated game.
• A “Zero Tolerance Back-Chat” policy will be enforced towards Referee Support Participants.
We understand that you will have a number of questions regarding this new system. Any queries or additional clarification you need should be directed to Touch Football Victoria on 03 9206 6755 or via email to email@example.com