GET STARTED - Funding Program Fact Sheet
What is Get Started?
Get Startedis a funding program that comprise the Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative to support sport and recreation at the grassroots level.
GetStarted will assist children and young people who can least afford or otherwise may benefit from joining a sport/recreation club. You can apply online for a voucher valued up to $150, which can be redeemed at a sport or recreation club registered with the Program. You redeem these funds as part of your club registration fees.
Who can apply?
Individuals eligible to receive a voucher are:
- children and young people from the age of five and under the age of 18 who hold or whose parent, carer or guardian holds a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card and who are residents of Queensland
- other children or young people identified by two referral agents.
What funding is available?
A maximum of $150 (GST exclusive) per voucher is available to help pay the cost of sport registration fees. There is a limit of one voucher per child/young person per year. (Note: if fees are more than $150, you will be required to pay the difference).
When will the vouchers be available?
Open, closing and expiry dates for the first two rounds are detailed below:
- 15 Jan 2013 Applications open
- 15 Apr 2013 Applications close
- 15 May 2013 Vouchers expire
- 31 May 2013 Final claim date
- 15 Jul 2013 Applications open
- 15 Oct 2013 Applications close
- 15 Nov 2013 Vouchers expire
- 30 Nov 2013 Final claim date
How do I get a voucher?
Vouchers available to apply online from 9am on 15 January (Round 1)
If a child is eligible for Get Started, they are not guaranteed a voucher. The funding will be distributed in two rounds each year on a first come, first serve basis. Once the allocation for each round is exhausted, the program will close and no further vouchers will be offered for that round.
Where can I redeem the voucher?
Nerimbera Football Club is a registered club under this program, and we will happily accept vouchers. Vouchers should be redeemed at the time of paying for registration fees.
For more information and application details, visit http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/parents-carers.html
Last Modified on 05/02/2013 22:32