Concussion Management Workshop
This workshop will be presented by Professor Barry Willer
(State University of New York) who was author of the ‘return to play’ guidelines for the International Olympic Federation. These guidelines were first used at the Sydney Olympics.
Monday 25th Feb. 9am to 12.30pm.
Saxon House, 1431 Mair Street
This workshop will cover:
- Definitions - concussion, PCS, mTBI
- What is the physiology underpinning concussion?
- Why people who seem to be thinking normally may still experience mental fatigue
- Using interview to explore the possibility of PCS
- Provocative exercise testing to differentiate between PCS and other causes of symptoms
- Excluding other triggers for possible PCS symptoms, for example, neck injury for headaches
- Graduated exercise programs that facilitate return to play or to work
- Links between the current ‘return to play’ guidelines and the characteristics of PCS
RSVP by 12th February to Maureen MacPhail (BHS ABI Service) at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no charge for the workshop but numbers are limited – RSVP early to avoid disappointment