2013 MCDFNL Junior Lightning Premiership Carnivals
The MCDFNL is pleased to advise all clubs that the Junior Lightning Premiership Carnivals will again be held for Under 12 football and 13 & Under netball.
The MCDFNL will be running multiple carnivals throughout 2013 on Friday 26th April, Friday 17th May and Friday 9th August. It is the aim of the League to start the tournament at 6pm and finish no later than 10 pm.
In order to give all clubs enough time to prepare and communicate to all parents and participants, I will require each club to indicate whether they will be participating in either the football, netball or both. This will allow time to construct a fixture that can be distributed within each club.
I ask all clubs to indicate their intention to field sides by C.O.B Wednesday 27th March.
Please see below for general information and format of the 2013 Junior Lightning Premiership Carnivals:
The Bendigo Bank Maryborough Castlemaine District Football Netball League will hold three Junior Lightning Premiership Carnival for all MCDFNL Junior Clubs and Junior Clubs from surrounding leagues.
The MCDFNL believe by hosting a Junior Lightning Premiership Carnival in 2013, it will benefit all clubs in the Maryborough Castlemaine region to attract and retain junior footballers and netballers as it will allow players who would normally be too young to play in structured competition the opportunity to participate.
2. Key points of the Junior Lightning Premiership
It is proposed that –
- All MCDFNL clubs would be involved. It is also hoped that current Under 11 Castlemaine District Junior Football League Clubs participate in football also.
- Football will be Under 12 and Netball will be 13 & Under.
- The venue for the Carnival will most likely be Carisbrook.
- Clubs may enter more than one team up to the point where four pools of three are created. This will guarantee sides at least 2 games each. Therefore, all clubs have the opportunity to enter a second side should entries be below 12 teams.
- The hope is that the Junior Lightning Premiership would be conducted in 4 Pools, with 3 clubs in each pool.
- The fixture and times will be sent to all participating clubs once all entries have been confirmed.
3. Junior Lightning Premiership Competition Rules
- All sides in a pool would play each other once, so each side would play a minimum of 2 “pool” games each.
- All football games will be two halves of 12 minutes with no time on, with a 3 minute half time break.
- All netball games will be two halves of 10 minutes, with a 3 minute half time break.
- According to the finishing order after all Pool games are completed the top sides in each Pool will play off in the Semi Finals. Sides will be measured on their win / loss ratio to determine the “winner” of each pool, and where required, using percentage to decide between two sides with equal wins. In the event that sides are still tied, the winner of their pool game will go through. (Finally, if required, the “toss of a coin” will be used). Semi Final will be Winner of Pool A V’s Winner of Pool C, and Winner Pool B V’s Winner of Pool C.
- The winners of the Semi Finals will play off in the Grand Final.
- Each Club / participating team can name as many players as they wish. Each game played will allow 18 players plus the remaining players on the Interchange. In the event that teams cannot field 18 players, both teams will play with equal numbers on the ground.
- Clubs can use a player in a final that has not played a preliminary game.
- The 1st named side will use the “Home” rooms, and the other side will be in the “Visitors” Rooms.
- To “save time” there will be no “toss of the coin”. The Home side will always kick to the left hand side of the Change rooms. The home side in netball will start with the centre pass and play to the end nearest the football oval.
- Age Eligibility – Football: Under 12 years of age as of the 1st January 2013.
- Age Eligibility – Netball: Must not turn 14 years of age during 2013.
- No scoreboard will be used in either Football or Netball. Goal Umpires (Football) and Timekeepers / Scorers (Netball) will keep score for the purpose of awarding the winner of each match.
Please call the Maryborough Castlemaine District Football Netball League on (03) 5333 1977 for any further information.