Coaches required for Regional Challenge Cup and Girls Country Championship
The Geelong region will once again be represented in the RCC and CC to be held over the Queens Birthday long weekend 8th to the 10th of June 2013. Geelong Region will enter teams in the following age groups: Under 12, 14, 16 Girls and Under 12, 13, 14, 15 Boys. We are seeking applications from suitably qualified coaches who hold a Youth License as a minimum. We would especially like to receive applications from coaches who:
- Are committed to and have a passion for coaching and developing young players and people.
- Are able to commit to seven Monday night training and trial sessions plus the tournament weekend.
- Are committed to developing their representative level coaching and may seek to apply for future VCL and other representative coaching positions.
- May be willing to share an age group with another coach and apply as a pair, or apply solely as a stand alone coach (if you would like to be considered both ways then you will need to submit two applications).
Information to consider:
- Applicants cannot coach their own children or coach an age group that they will be coaching during the winter at club level.
- Coaches will be remunerated for these positions. If appointed as a stand alone coach, a parent Team Manager will be appointed to assist you.
- Appointments will be made by the committee of the Greater Geelong Galaxy.
- Interviews (phone or face to face) will be conducted only for those that are not known to the committee.
- Players selected will only be allowed to trial and play in the age group that they are eligible for. There will be no ‘playing up’ an age group unless approved by the committee.
- Coaching dates as they stand currently – 22nd April, 29th April, 6th May, 13th May, 20th May, 27th May & 3rd June plus 8th, 9th and 10th June 2013.
- All written applications stating:
- FFV Coach ID number
- Working with Children’s ID number
- A ranking of preferred age groups from 1 to 3
- A coaching CV (resume)
- A small blurb on your coaching philosophy need to be emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org placing "Coaching Application for RCC – CC" in the subject line.
- Applications close on February the 25th @ 5pm. Only successful Applicants will be notified by March the 7th 2013.
If you have any queries please call Joe Madunic, Chairman of the Greater Geelong Galaxy on 0401 505 113 after 4pm weekdays.