Update from the Bayside FA committee
To everyone involved with the Bayside F.A.,
One of the aims of the new committee is to improve communication between ourselves and all participants (club volunteers, coaches, players and referees).
Below is a brief explanation of some of the topics discussed at our meetings to date.
- There is a lot to do in preparation for the 2016 season. Our aim is to make it the best season yet for everyone involved
- Each committee member should always leave the Bayside F.A. in a better place than the day they started their role
- Set standards/procedures that will have the best outcome for the competition and that the committee must follow
- The Bayside F.A. must improve its communication, in particular the role of the website to keep all participants informed (club volunteers, coaches, players and referees)
- Advertise for new players, teams, clubs and referees
- Seek expressions of interest for teams wanting to participate in an over 45 comp to gauge demand
- Brainstorming/ideas session with clubs. The committee is hosting an event on Sunday January 17th at Frankston RSL for clubs to have a say on what can be improved, influence policies, rules & guidelines etc. We would like one rep from each club’s men’s teams and one rep from each women’s team. This is a forum to have a detailed discussion with clubs. This is not a club delegates meeting
- Monies owed to the league by clubs to be paid in full or an agreed payment plan reached by 31 December 2015. Failure to do so will mean teams will not be included in initial fixtures until payment or agreement is reached
- Have league structure and fixtures released earlier than previous years
- Discussions to date have the 2016 Charity Day on Sunday April 3rd and the 2016 season starting on Sunday April 10th and ending on Sunday September 18th
- Passport and team sheet system to stay the same in 2016. Plan to trial doing team sheets online with some teams by late 2016 season
- Look at ways to maximize the potential of Fox Sports Pulse to make life easier for everyone
- Working on strengthening current policies or introducing new ones to reduce the amount of forfeits
- 2016 Charity day is set for Sunday April 3rd at this stage. Looking to add some activities on the day to keep everyone entertained, especially the children. Also, investigating the prospect of having some sub junior teams involved in some way on the day
- First club delegates meeting is on Monday February 1st 2016 at Seaford United Soccer Club (8PM start). Having club delegates meetings hosted by other clubs will be on the agenda at the first meeting
- Meeting with all referees to discuss new ideas, areas of improvement, concerns etc.
- Look at getting refs to send team sheets in electronically so we are not waiting until Thursday or Friday to receive them by post. This will enable us to deal with yellow/red card suspensions and have all results published on the website a lot earlier in the week
General committee topics
- Social media manager, Andy Ellis to run Facebook, Team App, Fox Sports Pulse and Website and to be assisted by the Secretary, Dave Cindric when required
- Gordon Charteris to set up new discipline document and constitution