Palau SP Mini Games Evaluation Held
During our meetings we discussed Charter requirements, security, ticketing, ceremonies, torch relay, medals, games villages, sport venues, technical officials, attaches, transportation, marketing, advertising, television broadcast, games website, publications, transfer of knowledge, archive material, bid fees and flag hire, medical, insurance, waivers, sports programme, events programme, entries, accreditation and protocol, media guide, official video, cultural programme and code of conduct. We also toured the Games Villages and sport venues. All renovation and construction projects are on schedule and will be completed before the Opening Ceremony.
I wish to thank Frank, Baklai, Susan, Bill, Palau GOC and Palau National Olympic Committee staff for their professional work and hospitality.
PART I. Basic Principles
1. Agreement to host Games signed between SPGC and Host SPGA - N/A.
2. Acknowledgements, Representations and Undertakings - Complete.
3. Appointment and Effectiveness of Organising Committee - Very good.
4. Government and Host City Support -Excellent.
5. OC and Liaison Group - N/A
6. The Contract and reports to SPGC Reports - Very good.
PART II. Principles of Planning, Organisation and Staging
7. Organisational Plans, Reports and Programmes - Three months out everything is on schedule.
8. Proscribed Substances and Techniques
9. Security - Committee supervised by National Police, with additional volunteers.
10. Tickets - No tickets - the games are free.
PART III. Ceremonies, Medals and Torch Relay
11. Ceremonies - Opening 5pm Sunday 24 July and Closing 5pm Thursday 04 August.
12. Torch Relay - Palau torch relay around all states the day of the Opening.
13. Medals - Order complete, viewed sample but design will be kept secret until the games.
PART IV. Organisation of Accommodation
14. Games Village, Venues, SPG Executive Board, Technical Officials - Games Villages will be 9 schools. Each athlete and coach will be provided one mattress, pillow, sheet and pillow case. Laundry services available outside of games villages. Portable containers with showers and toilets. Sport venue work ongoing but will be completed before the opening. SPG EB accommodated at Palasia Hotel. Technical Officials at housing around Palau Community College. All accomodation looks very good.
15. Transport - Each Chef de Mission will receive one car. Transport for delegations will be shuttle bus system with transport offices centrally located around the games villages and sport venues.
16. Hotels, Apartments & Schools - 20 rooms for rent are available at the Palasia Hotel for SPG Council members.
PART V. Intellectual Property, Marketing and the Media
17. Assignments and Licenses - N/A
18. Games Emblem and Games IP Rights - OK
19. Marketing - Palau GOC has very good marketing plan with various levels of sponsorship.
20. Host Broadcast & TV + Radio Rights - Local live broadcast only.
21. Official Video - CD for each SPGC member.
22. Games Website - Very good with Sporting Pulse and Brian Minikin assisting the GOC.
23. Publications - Official games booklet will be sold at the games.
24. Infringement, proceedings and other applications - N/A
PART VI. Knowledge Transfer
25. Knowledge and Technology Transfer - Suva 2003 SPG provide CDs on games organization. Palau GOC agreed to support their knowledge and technology to Samoa and Cook Islands and future GOCs.
26. Archive material - Palau GOC agreed to give one set of archive materials to SPGC, which will be archived at the Oceania Sport Information Center (USP).
PART VII Financial and Commercial Obligations
27. Bid Fees, Flag Hire other Payments to Council - Ongoing with SPGC Treasurer and GOC
28. Charges - US$15.00 per diem for Games Village accommodation.
29. Travel and Other Subsidies - N/A
30. Currency - US dollar
31. Taxes - US$20.00 Palau departure has not been waived by GOC will request.
32. Official Report - Palau GOC agreed to compete and submit within one year.
33. Surplus - N/A
PART VIII Termination and Suspension - Not relevant.
35. Effect of Suspension
37. Effect of Termination
38. Force Majeure
PART IX General
39 Indemnity and Waiver - Delegation members, athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers must sign.
40. Insurance - Responsibility of each delegation.
41. Law, Dispute Resolution and Jurisdiction
44. Agents for Service
45. Third Parties
46. No Waiver
50. Subsequent Action
PART 11 GAMES MANAGEMENT PROTOCOLS
1 Candidate Countries - N/A
2 Duties of the Host PGA and of the OC - Complete
3 Sports in the Programme - Complete
4 Events in the Programme - Complete
5 Maximum Number of Entries - Complete
6 Invitations and Forms - Complete
7 Entries - Per Charter regulations.
8 Cultural Programme - Cultural activities and programs located in Koror and close to games villages and sports venues.
9 Travelling Expenses - N/A
10 The Games Village - 9 schools
11 Transport - Bus shuttle system with transport offices located at games villages and sports venues.
12 Attaches - ssigned to each delegation.
13 The SPG Executive Board in the Host PGA's - N/A
14 Medical - Main station at Palau Community College with medical personal at games villages and sports venues.
15 Sport Competition Committees - Trained and organized.
16 Technical Officials - Complete.
17 Advertising - Per sponsorship agreements.
18 International Delegates/Observers -Complete.
19 Accreditation and Protocol - Complete.
20 Accreditation Cards Given upon arrival.
21 Use of the Symbol, Flag and Emblem at the Games - Per Charter regulations.
22 The Opening Ceremony - 5pm Sunday 24 July per Charter regulations.
23 Victory Ceremonies - Organized per Charter regulations.
24 The Closing Ceremony - 5pm Thursday 04 August per Charter regulations.
25 The Pacific Torch Relay Only on Palau the day of the opening.
26 Medals - Per Charter regulations.
28 Booklet, Programmes and Official Report -Booklet and programmes available at games, with Official Report to be submitted within one year.
29 Media Guide - Available upon arrival to games.
30 Official Film and/or Video - CD for all delegations after the completion of the games.
31 Recognised International Federations - Complete.
32 Drug testing Ongoing discussions with GOC, SPGC EB and ONOC.
33 French translations SPGC EB has contacted Pacific Community for assistance.
34 DRM To be held upon arrival unless requested.
35 2005 SPGC Assembly 8:00am Sunday 31 July at Ngarachemayong Cultural Center in Koror.
36 SPGC Office Located in the GOC office (MOC) with Court of Appeal and Drug Testing rooms located within walking distance.
Last Modified on 05/08/2005 18:48