NSWRL U16 Youth Development Cup
The U16 Youth Development Cup aims to assist in giving players who do not participate in the NSWRL junior representative program a development opportunity to improve their skills by playing in a single day tournament (post season).
1. Broaden Junior League participation base for non-junior representative players
2. Provide opportunities for players to participate at a representative level
3. Develop an appreciation for cultural diversity within Rugby League and the wider community
4. Assist the international development of Rugby League through an additional junior development program.
Teams may ONLY select:-
* any junior player born in 1995 or 1996.
* any player who has NOT REGISTERED in the 2010, 2011 Harold Matthews Cup competition.
* a player who is registered during 2011 with a NSW District or Country Rugby League (CRL) Junior Rugby League Club.
Teams are seeking an expression of interest from U16 non-junior representative players from NSWRL Junior Leagues to participate in the U16 Youth Development Cup held on Saturday 8th October at St Marys Leagues Stadium, St Marys.
The following teams participating are seeking an expression of interest.
NSWRL Young Achievers - Dom Paton - 0448890015
Indigenous Australians - Steve Hall - 0419492779
Western Sydney Indigenous Australians - Jie Pitman - 0401977200
Lebanon - Barry Nakhoul - 0421733444
Samoa - Gary Faafua - 0402242801
Tonga - Kym Ilolhia - 0418299978
Cook Islands - Mahearau Arona - 0433667328
Fiji - Chuck Driscoll - 0430008385
Maori - Amelia Horo - 0400818878
The following teams will be hosting an open trial game to assist with team selection.
U16 Lebanon Youth Development Cup Trial game
Date: Sunday 11th September, 2011
Location: Begnall Oval, Belfield
Time: be there 8:30am registration for
Contact: Barry Nakhoul: 0421733444
U16 NSWRL Young Achievers Youth Development Cup Trial game
Date: Monday 12th September
Location: Norford Park, Sefton
Time: 4:30pm registration
Contact: Dom Paton: 0418341363
Application forms are attached to be completed by applicants for these trials.