Change to Grading Points By Law
At the meeting of the EDJBA Executive on November 21st amendments were made to By Law 3.2 Grading Points. This amendment has been taken into account for the calculation of ladders on this website.
When checking the ladders, remember that the points allocated for rounds 1 - 6 are adjusted depending on the final grade of teams, as per this By Law. Percentages are only calculated from round 7 and when calculating percentage, no team is credited with a win by more than 20 points. However, as ladders are calculated automatically, percentage adjustments for larger wins need to be made manually and these adjustments will be made soon.
The revised By Law now reads:
3.2 GRADING POINTS
a) Prior to the start of the season, the Executive will decide the number of grading rounds with Fixtures Day or its equivalent normally set after the last grading round. Prior to, or on Fixtures Day, teams will be graded into their final grade.
Interpretation Each competition for which a separate ladder is kept for determining positions in finals shall be regarded as a grade.
b) For calculating adjusted premiership points, the results of each grading round will be assessed on the grade in which each team is graded after Fixture Day.
i) If two teams who have played in the grading rounds finish in the same grade or one grade apart, then the result of that grading game will stand (i.e. Three points win, two points draw, one point loss or forfeit).
ii) If two teams who have played in the grading rounds finish more than one grade apart then the following premiership points will be allocated:
- If the team graded higher wins that team will receive two premiership points and the lower team two premiership points
- If the team graded lower wins (or draws) the result will stand with three premiership points for the lower grade team and one premiership point for the higher grade team (or two points for a draw).
Special case: The difference between A Grade and the next listed grade shall be considered as a difference of two grades.
iii) Walkover in grading round:
- Team that gave the walkover, zero points.
- Team that receives the walkover:
- Three premiership points if teams finish in the same grade or one grade apart.
- Two premiership points if teams finish more than one grade apart and team that gave the walkover is in a lower grade.
- Three premiership points if teams finish more than one grade apart and team that gave the walkover is in a higher grade.
iv) Bye teams in grading rounds receive three premiership points.
v) Late Entry Teams that enter the competition after Round 1 will receive one premiership point for each round missed. However if the Association has been notified that the team is available and the Association is unable to fixture the team until a later round then such a team will receive 1.5 points for each round missed whilst waiting for the team to be fixtured into a round. Total premiership points are to be rounded to the next highest number.
- Percentages are to be calculated from the first round when the composition of the grade remains the same.
- Results and ladders will be posted onto the official webpage rather than being sent to individuals and Clubs as in the past. Results will be available on Sunday night and ladders will be posted after Round 8 onWednesdays. Clubs have two further rounds to query ladders, except for the last two rounds where queries must be made within 24 hours of the ladders being published. Once these periods of time have expired ladder positions will stand, except if changes are advised by the Grade Secretary to the Ladder’s Coordinator.
The EDJBA By Laws will be updated as soon as practicable.