EDMONTON: Storm looking for 2014 A Grade coach
EDMONTON Storm RLFC, playing in the Cairns District Rugby League competition, is calling for applications for its A Grade Coach vacancy for the 2014 Season.
The club was formed in 2005 for the purpose of providing a senior club for its junior players to continue playing rugby league in the senior ranks.
Storm Secretary Kay Oliver said Edmonton were looking for a coach which suited the club’s strategic direction for the next three years.
“We’re seeking a coach, but we’re willing to wait until we get the right coach that meets our needs,” said Mrs Oliver.
“Over the past few seasons, our A Grade side has been quite successful on the field, with preliminary finals appearances in 2011 and 2012.
“However, we are now revisiting our purpose and need to ensure the junior players that we have playing for our club are developed further in their skills (average age 21-22).
“Our club also needs to profile the importance of our juniors and lift our profile by having the right coach to attract new players to play alongside and support our current group of junior players.”
Mrs Oliver said the Storm were looking for several key attributes in their search for the right coach:
- Knowledge of the modern game
- Respect – either by previous coaching stints or as a player – easily gain the rapport of players, committee and supporters
- Ability to motivate and mould players into a tight knit group
- Able to instil discipline and be consistent in decision making
- Head coach to lead and support other coaches within the club
- Have vision
- Be able to instil pride in wearing the Edmonton Storm jersey
- Be approachable, able to provide positive feedback
- Be able to take up the challenge
- Sense of humour.
For further enquiries, contact Mrs Oliver on (07) 4055 5351 (after hours), 0408 876770 (mobile) or (07) 4035 8419 (work).
NOTE: Edmonton Storm’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at 7pm this Tuesday (19 November) at Hambledon House, Bruce Highway, Edmonton.
The club are also seeking interested volunteers in President, Assistant Secretary, Assistant Treasurer, Fundraising Officer, Scorer and anyone interested in volunteering in any capacity at the club – help is always gratefully received.