Menai Roosters Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
- Play by the rules and for the fun of it.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain, coach or manager approach the official during the break or after competition.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviors in any sport.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team's performance will benefit, and so will you.
- Be a good sport, Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or opposition.
- treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your coach, team-mates, opponents and officials. Without them there would be no competitions.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
- Remember the goals of the game are to have fun and improve your skills. Be modest in success and generous in defeat.
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Focus on the child's efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements wihtout resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performances and skillful plays by all participants.
- Support all efots to remove verbals and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Respect officials decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Last Modified on 26/02/2013 12:25