Notification of the 2012 Annual General Meeting for the Fosters Phantoms Basketball Club
The ordinary business of the annual general meeting shall be—
(a) to confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting and of any general meeting held since that meeting; and
(b) to receive from the committee reports upon the transactions of the Club during the last preceding financial year; and
(c) to elect officers of the Club and the ordinary members of the committee; and
(d) to receive and consider the statement submitted by the Club in accordance with section 30(3) of the Act.
The annual general meeting may conduct any special business of which notice has been given in accordance with the Club Constitution. This may include nominations for Honorary Life Membership.
In accordance with Section 21 of the Club Constitution - Office Holders
(3) Each officer of the Club shall hold office for 2 years but is eligible for re‑election with the President and Secretary being elected in each even numbered year and the Vice-President and Treasurer in each odd numbered year.
As such the office of President and Secretary will be subject to an election at the meeting.
In addition the role of Committee Member / Minutes Secretary has recently been vacated and will be open for election at the meeting.
In accordance with section 23 of the Club Constitution - Election of officers and ordinary committee members
(1)Nominations of candidates for election as officers of the Club or as ordinary members of the committee must be—
(a) made in writing, signed by two members of the Club and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of nomination); and
(b) delivered to the Secretary of the Club not less than 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting.
(3) Must prior to nomination hold a current Working With Children Check and an Australian Police Check no older than 3 months.
In accordance with section 14 of the Club Constitution - Honorary Life Member
(14) A nomination for Life Membership must be submitted to the Club Secretary in writing at least 14 days prior to the Annual General Meeting and must contain a report on the services of the nominee to the club and basketball.
Please submit any such nominations for consideration.
In accordance with section 17 of the Club Constitution - Voting at general meetings
(1) Upon any question arising at a general meeting of the Club, a member has one vote only.
(2) All votes must be given personally. Junior members may not vote but a parent or guardian of a junior member may vote.. If only one child in a family is a junior member only 1 parent may vote. If more than 1 child in a family is a junior member, 2 parents may vote. Nomination of a parent or parents to vote must be done in writing to the club prior to the commencement of the meeting.
(3) In the case of an equality of voting on a question, the Chairperson of the meeting is entitled to exercise a second or casting vote. The casting vote should normally maintain the status quo.
(4) A member is not entitled to vote at a general meeting unless all moneys due and payable by the member to the Club have been paid.
The committee of the, Fosters Phantoms Basketball Club, welcome any support that you as members are willing to offer. The cub relies on you as members making that extra effort to build and grow the club – which exists only for the benefit of our kids playing the great game of Basketball.
If nothing else, please make the effort to come along to the AGM and meet the committee.
If you have any questions about any of the above, or are interested in nominating for any of the above roles you can contact;
President; Rob Dielemans phone 0411 559 245, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President; Paul Langdon, 0407 562 794, or email email@example.com
Secretary; Julia Cullen, phone 0414 586 628or email firstname.lastname@example.org