Latest SFL News
The Southern Dragons (who currently play in Div 2 of the Southern Football League) applied for a transfer to the Victorian Amateur Football Association and below is an email message from the CEO of the SFL which provides an update on this matter.
“I write to provide an update regarding the transfer application of the Southern Dragons Football Club to the Victorian Amateur Football Association.
AFL Victoria conducted a hearing last week which was attended by VAFA, SFL and SDFC representatives, to discuss all considerations around the transfer application of the SDFC to the VAFA.
Today, all parties have been notified that AFL Victoria denied the transfer of the Southern Dragons Football Club to the Victorian Amateur Football Association.
The SFL is respectful of the AFL Victoria process and the Southern Dragons Football Club now have 10 days to determine whether they would like the outcome reviewed by the AFL Victoria Appeals Board.
AFL Victoria have provided the SFL feedback on why the SDFC transfer application was denied, as follows:
- the opportunity provided by the SFL to form the SDFC and enter their league, at that time the VAFA was not prepared to provide this opportunity.
- the level of support provided by the SFL to the SDFC to assist them to establish themselves as a standalone club.
- the SFL multicultural focus has assisted the growth of the SDFC.
- the short period of time since the SDFC left the VAFA.
- the on field success achieved by the SDFC in the SFL.
We will continue to provide all member clubs an update on this matter as it comes to hand.
Chief Executive Officer
Southern Football League”
Caulfield Bears Football Club (ABN 75 829 053 231)
P O Box 121, Carnegie Vic 3163
Tel. (0407) 559 383 or 9578 3078 (AH)
Fax. (03) 9578 0024