Minutes from AGM 12th November 2012

Minutes from AGM 12th November 2012

Hornby United AFC

Minutes of AGM

12 November 2012

 

Meeting Opened: 7:31pm

Present:

 

Apologies:

Absent:

Brett Tillaart

Bruce Herriott

Jeff Banks

Tracy Allan

Phil Knight

Sean Te Whata Wallace

Anthony Chalmers-Grey

Joe Sheasby

Mike Long

Pamela Shatford

Daphne Day

John Storer

Hugo Tanner

Janine Tanner

Chris Garland

Craig Robertson

Leane Robertson

Kay Herriott

Chris Robinson

Jo Black

Kerryn Clark

Tessa Leonard-Graham

Leigh Ebdell

Mark Neame

Pete Anderson

Kerryn Clark

Alan Wood

Steve Hodson

 

 

Minutes from previous meeting – confirmed as true and correct.

 

Correspondence – Mainland has sent preliminary fees structure for next season – small rise due to inflation.

                -  Start dates for next season will be either 6th or 13th of April.

                -  Dates also being set with Mainland for beginning of minileague competition.

Presidents Report - Given verbally.

 

Treasurer’s Report   - Final report will be given at the end of the year.  Totals cannot be finalized until then.

-          Deposit of $4,000 paid for new balls.  Need to reach $10,000 for the balls to have our logo included.

General Business-     

Lights at Warren – Sean has quoted $17.50 per meter for the cable.  Sean is also to organize an engineer to check the power box.

No Life Membership nominations received.

New Kits for Div 5 - Joe mentioned this might have led to some players feeling disillusioned with the club.       

 

New Business

         Acknowledgment of Sponsors - Phil mentioned better use of sponsor logos in the clubrooms and the strips would be beneficial.  Images on glassware were suggested.  Would require changing our glassware.  Bruce to look into pricing.

                   -   Mike suggested a glass display cabinet and drop box for orders could be displayed in the clubrooms.

 

                Election of Officers

                         President – Brett nominated – Tracy/Pamela

                                                Accepted.

                         Vice President – Mike Long nominated – Brett/Tracy.

                                                Accepted.

                         Secretary - Tracy nominated – Brett/Pamela.

                         Treasurer – Phil nominated – Brett/Janine.

                                                Accepted.

                         Club Captain – Pete nominated – Brett/Pamela.

                                                Acceptance received prior to meeting.

                         Sponsorship/Promotions/Merchandising Co-coordinator –

                                                Steve nominated – Brett/Tracy.

                                                Accepted prior to meeting.

                         Bar Manager – Magoo nominated – Brett/Phil.

                                                Tracy to contact Magoo to check his acceptance.

                         Website Administrator – Kay nominated – Pamela/Janine.

                                                Accepted.

                         HSL Club Captain – Jeff nominated – Chris Garland/Brett.

                                                Accepted.

                                                Jo, Jess and Kerryn to possibly work closely with Jeff.

                         General Committee – Sean Te Whata Wallace, Chris Garland,

                                                Janine Tanner, Hugo Tanner, Kay Herriott, Joe Sheasby,

                                                Craig Robertson, Steve Hodson and Mark Neame.

                Calendar of Events –

-  Registration Days – Wed 20th (5-7pm) and Sat 23rd (10-12pm) February.

-  Senior players meetings to be held before the start of the season, as will coaches and managers meetings.

-  Possibility of advertising for coaches and players for the senior teams through the Mainland website.  Could potentially have a new senior team (Div 4 maybe) if the numbers are there.

-  Fun Day to be held for mini league between registration and the season start.  Parents will be asked to help at this point.  Seniors will be encouraged to come down and entertain the kids (esp. the girls’ team).  Player of the Day awards on display Meeting with interested parents will follow this.  Tim Bush may attend this meeting.

-  Working Bee - Saturday 24th November.  Sort uniforms etc.

 

Strips – Phil suggested managers take more ownership of strips, ensuring they are returned in full.  Collect after each game?  Introduce a bond for each player of $15?  Suggest these ideas to managers.  List of contents of each bag to be included with strips.

                                               

 

Contact Tracy (clubsecretary_hornbyunited@hotmail.co.nz) with any changes to these minutes.

Meeting closed 8.55pm.

 

Next meeting – Monday 10 December 2012

 

                   




Comments

Comment Guidelines: The SportingPulse Network is made up of players, families and passionate sports followers like you who have a strong opinion about sport. That's great - we want you to have your say and share your thoughts with the world. However, we have a few rules that you must follow to keep it fun for all. Please don't be rude, abusive, swear or vilify others. Apart from some pretty serious sport sanctions, we also can ban you and report you if things get out of hand. So play fair and have fun, and thanks for your contribution.

New Zealand Football-Latest News