Welcome to West End Junior Football Club
Photo of the week: U14 players Zach Hawke, Levi Baily and Matt Williams listening to specialist coach Ken Baily at training.
Training details Monday 10/3/2014 (Public holiday)
u10, u12 & u16 won't be training.
Clinton will run a training session for the u14's that want to train.
U10 coach required
It is pleasing to see that we have most team staff positions across the age groups. Lee Dowling has kindly volunteered to be Team Manager for the u10's and now we have to secure a coach for that team. U10 parents need to talk to each other and find someone to coach. For more information contact Adam Lambert.
U16's to combine with Police Boys
The West End u16 team will combine with Police Boys for the 2014 season. Training will start at Apex Park next Wednesday 12/3/2014 and all players are asked to be there. More details about the arrangement will be made available shortly.
Player re-registration (played with the club previously)
All existing players need to be re-registered. Please follow the steps below to re-register.
- Click on the “Member Access” button on top right of the website.
- If you have played at the club and have your username and password go to step 5.
- If don’t have your username and password click on the option “I would like to request my username and password”
- Enter your email address and click on “Send me my Username and Password” button. An email will be sent to you with your Member Names, Username and Password.
- Click on the “I have played in this Club before and have my username and password”. Enter the username and password (sent in the email in step 4) then click continue.
- Select the club.
- Fill in details for "Basic Info".
- Fill in details for "Extra Info".
- Tick the “I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions” check box.
- Click on the “Confirm” button.
- An automated email will be sent to you confirming re-registration.
2014 season welcome message
Hi everyone and welcome to the 2014 season. It's time to dust of the football boots and get prepared for the new season!
A few key points about the season ahead.
- Matches will be played on Sundays.
- The Traralgon Umpires Association is in recess.
- The Latrobe Valley Umpires Association are taking on umpiring the T&DJFL
- More Friday night games may be scheduled.
- Similar to last season, the T&DJFL will have a paid administrator to run the league's affairs. The new administration comes under "AFL Victoria Country". (For more information go to the T&DJFL website - Link).
- New players and players transferring must see the relavent team manager about being registered or transferred.
- Canteen duty will be allocated on team (u10,u12,14,u16) basis this year and parents from that team will do canteen duty for the whole day. Parents will be rostered and if you can't make it on that day, you will have to arrange for another parent to do your duty.
- Fees for the season have been set. Refer to the menu item "Players > Your Season Information" for the cost and how to pay.
Please take the time to read other information below about training, coaches and committee.
All the best for the season ahead.
Adam Lambert - President
Training details for 2014 season
|Age Group||Start Date||Training nights||Oval||Time|
|U10||Wednesday 5 March 2014||Mondays & Wednesdays||JC1||4:30 to 5:30|
|U12||Wednesday 5 March 2014||Mondays & Wednesdays||JC2||4:30 to 5:30|
|U14||Monday 17 February 2014||Mondays & Wednesdays||Stoddart Oval||4:30 to 5:30|
|U16||Monday 10 February 2014||Mondays & Wednesdays||Stoddart Oval||4:30 to 5:30
Ovals are located at the Traralgon West Sporting Complex located at the corner of Grubb Avenue and Douglas Parade. Click here for link to google maps
- Above dates may change. Please visit website to confirm.
- U10 and U12 will train for one night per week initially.
- New players and players transfering from other clubs to see team managers for registration forms.
- U10 Players must be turning 8 years old during 2014 (born prior to 2007) to be eligible to play. Children turning 7 years old during 2014 are eligible to join the club as a "Joey" and train with the u10 team.
- For more information, contact Adam Lambert.
Coaching and team staff positions for 2014
The table below shows current appointments for our teams.
|Age Group||Coach||Assistant Coach||Team manager|
|U12||Sid Hourigan||Dave Huggins||Mandie Hourigan|
|U14||Clinton Rodda||TBA||Ken Groves|
The committee is seeking expressions of interest from people wanting to fill vacant (TBA) positions.
New coaches will have to do a one day coaching coarse. The coarse will be paid for by the club.
Comittee positions for 2014
At the AGM most positions were filled. However we want to fill the following positions to spread the workload and keep the club viable into the future.
- Risk management and facilities officer
- Grants Officer
- Stock controller
- Presentation day coordinator
Please contact Adam Lambert (President) by email (email@example.com) to register your interest.