SMG Chairman, Bruce Lowrey wishes to advise the following:
- Football training re-commences at 6pm on Monday 4th Feb at Ferny Creek Reserve & will continue at the same time/venue on Monday & Wednesday until further notice.
- Contrary to earlier advice netball training will commence at 6pm at the Olinda Netball court on Tuesday 5th February & will continue at that time/venue on Tuesday & Thursday from then on.
- Netball squad trial sessions will be held on 14th & 21st February at the Olinda court.
- A fitness weekend at Sandy Point is planned for March 16, 17 & 18 for both football & netball players which we are hoping will include football & netball practice games with Foster FNC. More details to follow.
- Senior Football Assistant Coaches to Peter Brown have been confirmed as Peter Shaw (forward line), Darren ‘Dats’ Turfrey (defence) & newcomer Grant Smith (mid field). Grant comes to us with a wealth of playing & coaching experience with numerous high standard country & interstate clubs.
- Netball Leadership Group members (in alphabetical order) are:- Caz Bates, Bec Scott, Sam Smith, Elise Tanzen, Mel Thomas & Mel Walter. Congratulations to them all!
- Football Leadership Group members are Richie Mannix, Garrett McDonald, Dave Noorda, Glenn Stevens & Blake Walter (one more pending). Congratulations to all.
- Additional Football Practice Games have been organised against Eastern Lions on their ground for Saturday 23rd March & against Silvan also on their ground for Saturday 6th April (first home & away game v Monbulk on Saturday 13th April).
- Netball Practice Games will also be organised for 23rd March & 6th April. Opponents to be confirmed.
Last Modified on 31/01/2013 13:59