It was with great pleasure and much pride that Westgate Basketball Association accepted the award of VJBL Small Association of the year 2013/2014.
Westgate Imperials Director of Coaching Barry McCready was on hand at this year's VJBL AGM to accept the award on our behalf.
Thanks go to all our coaches, team managers, players, and parents, along with committee members past and present. To receive this recognition so early in our involvement in VJBL is a testament to the effort, enthusiasm and skills of all those involved.
Westgate Basketball Rep Ready Program
The Westgate Rep Ready Program is a development program designed for 9 – 11 year olds who have an interest in working on their skills and understanding of the game under the instruction of an experienced and qualified development coach- Barry McCready, Westgate Basketball Association Director of Coaching.
Answers to frequent queries
- Finals eligibility:To play finals this season, players need to have played 7 games as a registered player. Registered players print on the game sheets.Handwriting a name on the game sheet does not count towards the 7 games unless the player has registered between the printing of the sheet and the game. If you have players you believe registered but not appearing on the game sheets, email email@example.com
- Working with children checks: All coaches over 18 years must have an up-do-date Working with Children Check. These should be entered online using the coaches registration form.
- Time outs: Each team has two time outs per half.
- Stopping the clock: The clock should be stopped for all whistles in the last 3 minutes of the second half.
- Scoring games: Don't forget to cross out the names of any players who do not play. You can download some simple scoring instructions (PDF 1.4 MB) including a sample game you can use to practise scoring.
Westgate Representative Basketball - Westgate Imperials information