Fast 5 Coming Soon!
TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST TO PLAY FAST 5 CONTACT email@example.com
SATURDAY AFTERNOON PLAYERS BORN 1999 & ABOVE
Fast5 - Competition Rules
A number of innovative rule changes have been introduced for the Netball World Series, designed to test the fitness, technical ability and tactical awareness of the best players in the world. Each game will be played over four six-minute quarters, promising an awesome, high-energy spectacle.
· Each team may consist of up to ten players
· There are five playing positions in each team whose playing areas are the same as in Netball:
Goal Shooter (GS), Goal Attack (GA), Centre (C), Goal Defence (GD), Goal Keeper (GK)
· The teams playing uniforms shall preferably be distinct in style from the uniforms worn in Netball.
· The game consists of four quarters of six minutes each, with an interval of two minutes between the first-second and third-fourth quarters. The half time interval is four minutes. Teams shall change ends each quarter.
· Before the start of the game the Captains shall toss for choice of goal end and Power Play quarter.
All other Centre Passes shall be taken by the team that did not score the last goal.
The team winning the coin toss shall:
(i) choose goal end for the start of play;
(ii) take the first Centre Pass in the first and third quarters;
(iii) have first choice of a Power Play quarter.
The team losing the coin toss shall:
(i) take the first Centre Pass in the second and fourth quarters;
(ii) choose a Power Play quarter not selected by the other team.
· Substitutions may be made at intervals or at any time during play and there is no limit to the number that can be made. At all times the players must meet the requirements specified in Rule 2.
SCORING A GOAL
Each successful goal will score a number of goal points as specified below:
(i) 3 goal points: the shot (known as a Super Shot) is deemed to have been made from outside the Goal Circle – this means the player who takes the shot shall not have any contact with the ground inside the Goal Circle during the catching of the ball or whilst holding it;
(ii) 2 goal points: the shot is deemed to have been made from the Outer Circle – this means the player who takes the shot shall not have any contact with the ground inside the Inner Circle during the catching of the ball or whilst holding it;
(iii) 1 goal point: the shot is deemed to have been made from the Inner Circle.
The Scorers will indicate when a team is using its Power Play. During a team’s Power Play quarter all goal points scored are doubled.
When scores are tied at the end of the fourth quarter:
· Play will stop and players remain in position on Court (no change of ends)
· The Captains will toss for the next Centre Pass;
· Play will recommence for a period of one minute. If at the end of this period, one team is leading, this team will be declared the winner;
· If the scores are tied at the end of this period, play will continue until one team scores a goal
· Power Play will not apply in Extra Time.
School Holiday Clinic
Meet Brian | From Back In Motion Aspendale Gardens
‘Brian is a Physiotherapy student from Monash University who will be working alongside the Physio’s at Back In Motion Aspendale Gardens to provide weekly first aid coverage at netball. For any of your injury concerns on a Saturday please see Brian at the courts in the First Aid room. Back In Motion Aspendale Gardens is also happy to offer all members of CDNA a FREE initial Physio assessment at our clinic. To book in please call 9580 1985 or you can book online http://www.backinmotion.com.au/practice/aspendale-gardens/make-a-booking (can you embed this link onto your website?). If you have any injury concerns out of hours don’t forget that you can always call our 24 hour injury advice line on 0419 132 894.
REMINDER ALL PATRONS
A REMINDER ALL VISTORS TO THE CHELSEA NETBALL COURTS
IMPORTANT INFROMATION TO ENSURE SMOOTH OPERATIONS HERE EACH SATURDAY
- ENTRY VIA STURDEE ST ONLY
- EXIT VIA ARGYLE AVE ONLY
- NO ILLEAGAL PARKING
- NO PLAYERS/TEAMS WARMING UP IN THE CARPARK OR PATHWAYS/DECKING CLOSEST TO STADIUM
- THE VENUE IS PET FREE & SMOKE FREE WHILST MATCHES ARE IN PROGRESS
- TENTS BIKES & SCOOTERS ARE NOT PERMITTED
- ALL SPECTATORS ARE TO REMAIN BEHIND THE WHITE LINE COURTSIDE
CHELSEA & DISTRICT ARE WORKING CLOSELY WITH OUR CLUBS TO MAKE SURE THAT
THINGS RUN SMOOTHLY FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY!
THANKYOU FOR YOU COOPERATION
BOM Radar | Check Weather Here!
THINGS ARE HEATING UP FOR ANOTHER WARM WEEKEND.
PLAYERS COACHES UMPIRES AND OFFICIALS PLEASE REMEMBER
TO PREPARE IN ADVANCE FOR SATURDAY'S MATCHES.
Drink Up! Beat The Heat
CDNA Weather Policy | Updated 10th Feb 2015
Children At Play. Please Don't Smoke Here.
CDNA IS A SMOKE FREE AREA AND WE ASK ALL PATRONS
TO NOTE THAT AS OF APRIL 1ST 2014 NEW LAWS WILL
BE IN PLACE. PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK FOR FURTHER